Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blender Newbie Seeking Help For Texture Problem on Mesh Export (FBX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks. Is there another exporter I could use that would do this on its own? It doesn't make sense that all the tutorials show it working and I have to go and do it in two steps. I feel like I am doing something wrong because of that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, he have to import diffuse separately. If textures are not on the model, import them using import button in content browser window. Create a material out of them. Then, simply drag and drop your textures onto your 3D mesh...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GunsAndCars View Post
    I don't know what you mean by Material Scheme - I'm new to Blender terminology and Google returned results that didn't seem helpful.

Is that the UV mapping and unwrapping attributes of Diffuse and Lightmap? Just a shot in the dark.

Appreciate your time.
    I'm still getting my head round this too. I use blender quite a bit. I've found a lot of the time the fbx doesn't have the textures with it when importing to udk but sometimes it does. When it doesn't I look for the material that comes in with the model. Click on it to go inside and apply the diffuse and others ( normal, spec) that always sorts it out for me.... That,s if I understood your problem... U just have to import the diffuse separately.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know what you mean by Material Scheme - I'm new to Blender terminology and Google returned results that didn't seem helpful.

Is that the UV mapping and unwrapping attributes of Diffuse and Lightmap? Just a shot in the dark.

Appreciate your time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could you post image with your material scheme ?

Leave a comment:

• Blender Newbie Seeking Help For Texture Problem on Mesh Export (FBX)

Hi everybody thanks for your time and any help. I'm trying to get used to using Blender (from Maya) and I think I can handle the program but I'm trying to get some characters put into a very simple test game, and the export process (FBX) in Blender doesn't seem to be applying my textures. I've Googled around and I seem to be doing it as per the tutorials (512x512 image size in PNG) and I've set up Diffuse and Lightmap UV sections and applied the PNG to the Diffuse.

Would someone be good enough to help me out?

Thanks a million.
Working...
X