Objects imported from blender do not take materials well in UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Also, when you UV unwrap it, you'll need to create a separate uv for the light map. This is very important. Otherwise UDK won't know where the light and shadows need to go. Once you have unwrapped your model in blender - open your object data panel ( the one with the camera, modifiers, world, ect, icons on. ) click the one that looks like a triangle. scroll down to UV Maps. If you have unwrapped your model you will have "UVMap" in the box, meaning it's recognised your model's uv. If you haven't unwrapped it yet, this box will be empty. For light mapping, you need to click the plus icon to add another map. Name this "light map" (for your convenience). Now you will have a uv map for your textures and a uv map for your light map. Export as usual. With light mapping thought. you will probably need to rearrange your uv shapes. I would explain this, but thats quite long winded. A basic understanding of light mapping will help and there are some good references and tutorials out there. For now, the above should get you started. And assuming you haven't looked into it yet, don't worry if your model in udk has funny looking shadows on it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, I'll try that in a while, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You have to unwrap your models in blender -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2-FfB9kRmE

Leave a comment:

• Objects imported from blender do not take materials well in UDK

Hi, I've made a few meshes in Blender and imported without materials, as importing materials does not work that well for me, and thought I would just assign materials in the UDK, however when I drag and drop a material, or I assign them directly to the asset's material property, I only get a monochrome result, usually not even related to the colors in the material, any clue? I tried assigning those rocky materials, tiles, and other such stuff, no luck..
Working...
X