Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing model materials and textures from maya to UDK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
    Click it anyway, wouldn't hurt
    I have, it didn't make any difference. I feel I should clarify, I haven't made any textures I've been using ones already in maya, I'm led to believe that these may not be supported when they're FBX files. I've also been changing the colour of materials in order to change the colour of my models too, does this just not appear outside of maya or something?

Also my models aren't keeping the smoothing I applied in maya by pressing the "3" key. I clicked the tick box that says smoothing when exporting to an FBX file.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Click it anyway, wouldn't hurt

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
    You also have to check the Import Textures button. Just realize though that all it will import is a material with textures in the texture slots, not any actual material settings.
    But when I hovered over that option it said it would automatically turn on if I had ticked the import materials box.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You also have to check the Import Textures button. Just realize though that all it will import is a material with textures in the texture slots, not any actual material settings.

Leave a comment:

• Importing model materials and textures from maya to UDK?

How do I get textures and materials that I've assigned to my model in maya to appear when I import my model into UDK? When I've attempting to import my models FBX file into UDK I've ticked the box saying import materials (I think that's what it's called, could be wrong) however while I don't see the chequered UDK brush pattern on my imported model I still don't see it as it appeared in maya, except for the shape of the model.

Could someone please tell me how I get the textures and materials to appear?

Please bare in mind while explaining that I'm a novice at UDK and maya.
Working...
X