Sketchup messes up Mesh for UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sketchup messes up Mesh for UDK

Hi guys, I'm new here, so I don't know if this is the right Topic, but I hope it is
    So, my problem is, I'm making a house in Sketchup, and Sketchup messes up the Mesh and in UDK there are some "black lines"

Link to the Image: http://postimg.org/image/6v5v2ckbd/

But this only happens when I "build" the light... So how can I fix this?? Please help me
    Greets, F1rest0rm3r

I have similar problems sometimes with my meshes. Fixing it in your case, it looks like you've smoothed those sections that show lines of triangles. Try making those section Flat, or Set Solid - I dunno what sketchup names smooth or solid. That may help and then texturing may also help: so you make a rough looking patchy dirty texture and with the addition of a normal map, may help to hide these things. It is a building so big opportunity to make stain marks of water and also dirt?
    The middle red circle on the ridge: I think that looks like you have doubled your faces - 2 faces very close together, maybe. Try deleting 1 face and you may find another face is also there.

Comment

Originally posted by Snipe34 View Post
      it looks like you've smoothed those sections that show lines of triangles.
      Nope, I haven't smoothed anything, I just builded it. If I put it in Unity, everything is ok, but not here? That's "funny" :/

Comment

Originally posted by F1rest0rm3r View Post
        Nope, I haven't smoothed anything, I just builded it. If I put it in Unity, everything is ok, but not here? That's "funny" :/
        Then Unity is different and even UT2004 shows different results of meshes to UDK. In any 3d program I've used there's an option known as smoothing - for example smoothing makes curves look smoother, but I also found that smoothing flat surfaces can accentuate triangulation, ie: those lines you have on the back and right of the pic. It appears smoothed because with those lines the surface seems to be slightly bulging.

Comment

It looks like it's smoothed but it isn't! It's flat

Comment

Working...
          X