• Show
Clear All

connecting meshes with "different resolution"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cattura di schermata (218).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	3253798
    I first created the head, then I modeled the torso, but since the head has more details, I wasn't able to perfectly match the topologies of the two meshes, because the head has more edge loops.
    What's the best way to solve the problem? adding edge loops to the torso or using triangles (like in the image above), knowing that I will later export the mesh to Mudbox and I don't want to bump into subdivision problems?

You'll want to clean it up and be sure it's all quads for proper subd in Mudbox. Since it'll be used this way, it doesn't have to be perfect, just not triangulated for best results.

Comment

Isn't a possible way already in your picture? Have a look on the edgeflow around the left shoulder:

There, the three orange edges (the right three parallel edges are supposed to be the same color, I accidentally had a brighter one for the middle, sorry...) are merged via the blue network to give the green one.. And no triangles are used
      You already have a similar thing in your topology, you just need to delete some edges and maybe move some vertices

Comment

Working...
      X