Automatic Seamless Textures ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Seamless Textures ?

I am looking for programs or plugins, commercial or non-commercial to make seamless textures in full or semi automated ways.
    Anyone has a recommendation, please post.
    Regards...

Substance Designer.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion mate.
      It looks like good professional tool.
      I have been trying the trial of this program and couldnt find any action that takes a picture and convert to a seamless texture.
      I am starting to think that it doesnt have this function, it is made for creating something from strach.
      I am writing this in here just cuz of the possibility that I could miss it.
      So are you that this program has a function or something that takes a picture and convert to a seamless one ?

I have found another program from same company named Bitmap2Material and it has the function I am looking for.
      However I didnt like design of both two.

So if any more suggestions, please post.
      Regards...

Comment

Bitmap2Material enables you to get a "picture" texture and lets you get rid of the seams inside the UDK, even though it is not perfect(UDK supports Substance formats so it shouldnt be a problem)

Substance Designer however lets you paint textures or generate random, seamless textures. It gives more opportunities but can be a bit complicated at first. There are some free Substance textures and a map here that you can take a look and use in UDK;

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Alleg...Substance.html

If all you want is to get a texture and make it seamless as much as you can, then look into Filter>Other>Offset in Photoshop.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
          I know Photoshop mate, it is manual way.

Comment

I think there is no any way to do it automatic at a very good quality of that seamless texture, only photoshop as sugested above

Comment

Working...
            X