LOD Textures changing noticeably

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    That worked perfectly. Thank you so much! In my case all I needed to do was to check the "Used With Screen Door Fade" option that you mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is not caused by textures but the fact that faces of both LoD meshes are overlapping for the length of transition.
    You can fix this by checking "Used With Screen Door Fade" in your material properties, this will enable a smoth LoD transition. Another possibility is to slightly offset your LoD mesh by a tiny amount, like one UU or even less, to avoid any Z-fighting.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic LOD Textures changing noticeably

LOD Textures changing noticeably

I'm working with a static mesh that uses LOD. The problem I'm having is with the texture transition being too noticeable--especially in bright light. I'm suspecting that it's a texture streaming issue but I may be off with that assumption. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. To be more accurate with my dilemma--the texture appears to brighten during the transition then when the lower or greater LOD texture loads in it's fine. It's just the transition that looks bad.
Working...
X