Legality Question Regarding Base Character Mesh and custom Mesh skinning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legality Question Regarding Base Character Mesh and custom Mesh skinning

Quick Question. I want to sell some and give away some characters that people can use in UT based game modes that will use the same bone structure and animations as the BaseHumanMale. I have two methods I can do this and need to know if either or neither is legal for me to do so.

1. Export the Ironguard as an FBX and open in Maya, delete the mesh and skin my own to that skeleton.

2. Create my own skeleton and name the bones the exact same as the Ironguard so the animations will find them and then skin my mesh.

Obviously it will be easier just to export and import the already made one, but I understand if I have to at least make my own. Not impossible but would take a bit longer the first time.

Thanks All,

Either way is fine

Comment

There is also a rigg that you can download from the UDN http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UDKCustomCharacters.html

Comment

Thanks guys. I have that download but wanted to make sure it was cool to use for the sale or to give away if I used it. But I am using Maya so I would rather export one from UDK to FBX instead of trying to find someone with MAX to convert it for me.

Comment

Working...
        X