3ds max to udk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    show us some pictures of the mesh and rig so that we might be able to pin point the errors

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Idk I tried to import it back into max and there it was fine, I checked the hierarchy and the was fine idk what to do now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If it's a skeletal mesh then it needs to have a hierarchy where there is a base parent object that everything else is ultimately linked to. If you have more than one base object then it will separate them by that parent.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you try importing the FBX back to Max to see if the file is correct to begin with?. You may need to make sure you're exporting it correctly. I think the UDK will deal automatically with multiple pieces, as long as it's all skinned to the same skeleton and I think you can also do it purely by linking it into the hierarchy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a separate one for skeletal meshes because I tried the one under static mesh and nothing changed, if not I guess it's ok. But thanks for your help anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just enable the combine meshes in the import settings

Leave a comment:

• started a topic 3ds max to udk

3ds max to udk

so im having a problem when i import my gun into udk. i have it rigged and skinned, but when i import it is just my base mesh. cause i have separate pieces for my slider, trigger, and mag. does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Working...
X