Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overlapping edges in Blender is causing problems with my light map

Hello,

I have modelled a warehouse in Blender to put into my environment in UDK. With the help of these forums in a previous thread I managed to get lightmaps working from Blender to UDK. I also managed to find out what is causing a lot of my issues - overlapping edges.

This is what I mean by that:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Y...it?usp=sharing

Is there any way to quickly merge two edges together in Blender so that I can create one UV island that UDK will recognise so that I don't get weird dark patches and lighting errors all over my mesh? I have already tried the remove doubles feature of Blender.

I know that this questions is to do with Blender however, I don't really like the Blender forums and I prefer to keep all my posts in one place and it would also seem that plenty of people in these forums know about Blender.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by eggfriedbryce View Post
    Is there any way to quickly merge two edges together in Blender so that I can create one UV island that UDK will recognise so that I don't get weird dark patches and lighting errors all over my mesh? I have already tried the remove doubles feature of Blender.
    not really, its always better to make sure there are no unnecessary edges while modelling

I have already tried the remove doubles feature of Blender.
    that only really works if the verts are all in the same places.

I know that this questions is to do with Blender however, I don't really like the Blender forums and I prefer to keep all my posts in one place and it would also seem that plenty of people in these forums know about Blender.
    yeah but its about blender for use with UDK so its all good.

oh and I probably would have replied sooner but my internet has been down.

Comment

Working...
    X