How to replace defult bot model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to replace defult bot model?

How to replace default bot model with a custom model?

Just watch this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6je2b1BkQa4

Comment

Thank you for the response.

Comment

I did it the way the tutorial showed.But when i spawn the bot it is invisible.

Comment

-Have you saved it into the UDKGame/Content folder
          -Have you rebuild the scripts?
          -check the size of your bot
          -choose a gametype
          -have you added the skeletal mesh correctly into the right script line?
          -do you get any errors?
          -reimport the mesh and readd it

Comment

I get 1 error amd 2 warnings.

Error: C:\UDK\UDK-2013-02\Binaries\..\development\Src\UTgame\Classes\UTFa milyInfo_Liandri_Male_custom.uc :Error, Script vs. class name mismatch<UTFamilyInfo_Liandri_male_custom/UTFamilyInfo__Liandri_Male

Warnings: C:\UDK\UDK-2013-02\Development\Src\UTGame\Classes\UTFamilyIndo_Lia ndri_male.uc<12> : Warning, Objectproperty UTGame.UTGamilyInfo:CharacterMesh: unresolved refrence to 'SkeletalMesh'gaz661-undustry.zombie23

2 warning: C:\UDK\UDK-2013-02\Development\Src\UTGame\Classes\UTFamilyIndo_Lia ndri_male.uc<12> : Warning, invalid property value in defaults : CharacterMesh=SKeletalMesh'SkeletalMesh'gaz661-industr.zombie23

Comment

Those errors and warnings sound like you've had no idea what you've been doing.

First of all, don't mess with the default classes, make your own.

The name of the file needs to be the same as the name you've declared at the top of the class.

Your skeletal mesh reference is nonsense. Use the copy full name function (right click an asset to get the option) of the content browser to get the correct one.

Comment

How to correct the error:

You have just copied the file and renamed it, but you also have to change a line in the script file. This here:

Code:
                class UTFamilyInfo_Liandri_Male extends UTFamilyInfo
                As I see in your error, you have renamed the file to utfamily......._custom Now change the upper line to this here:

Code:
                class UTFamilyInfo_Liandri_Male_custom extends UTFamilyInfo

Comment

Thanks that fixed it.

But now my bots skeletal mesh floats.When i shoot it the bullets go trough,but when i shoot below the mesh it hits something invisble.

sorry if this awnser already exist i could find one to fix this.

Comment

Is the skeletal mesh in the right origin -> you can change it in the skeletal mesh editor under rot origin and origin. Z at origin should be around -50

Comment

When i change the skeletal meshes z orgin to around -50 nothing happens it still floats at the same height.
                      My original z orgin was 68.173935 if that matters.

Comment

Could you probably post a video or screenshot

Comment

Sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bsyLrIpAX4

Comment

The origin of your character is at the feet, it should be at about the middle. Keep adjusting the Z origin until it's far enough down.

Comment

Ive tried putting the z orgin to diffrent numbers and saving but nothing has changed it it still floats at the same height.

Comment

Working...
                              X