Animated skeletal mesh incorrect texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animated skeletal mesh incorrect texture

Hi all im new to the forums and need a little help. Building my map i have a main package called "Simon" this had Textures,objects and material folders in and all my assets in the relevant folders. My problem has come about when i made my 1st animated gun turret. It runs fine but has no collisions on as it was made from 3 meshes in 3d max and 3 seperate uvs. When i import it into udk as a skeletal mesh into the simon folder the texture is a mess and i cant wrap it due to 3 seperate materials. However when i do the same process into a brand new package..the whole model and a full wrap texture is auto applied providing the correct result, is there a reason for this as i am trying to keep my work in one package?

Originally posted by Durhamredfan View Post
    When i import it into udk as a skeletal mesh into the simon folder the texture is a mess and i cant wrap it due to 3 seperate materials.
    I have no idea what that means. However, you can try importing the mesh and texture separately, which is the standard workflow.

Comment

What Spoof said but also, even if it's in a separate package, you can then move it to your main package after you imported it.

Comment

You have to set a material ID to each object in your mesh in edit poly. The you apply a multi texture and export. Then you should have 3 different material slots where you can apply your textures

Comment

make sure that the "Simon" package is not your map

Comment

Working...
          X