Bone skin problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bone skin problem

I have a flying vehicle mesh, which has projectile systems that come out of its sides. I skinned the parts i want to come out to different bones from the ones the main mesh is skinned to. Now i want to connect them all to a root bone. But if i do so the root bone becomes a point on which they are fixed and they are unable to preform translation animations. Is there a way to make a root bone that will not affect the position or movement of its children bones.

What software are you using?.

Comment

do you mean they are unable to perform translations within udk?if so,uncheck rotation only in the animset.

Comment

i am using 3ds max. I was trying to animate translation of bones connected to a root bone in max, but the root bone moved as well. I solved it by instead of animating in max, using skeletal controllers in udk

Comment

Well, the way you would solve it in Max is to open the bone tools and turn the bone you want to translate, off. This will basically make it like just another linked object and get rid of the "bone" behavior.

To do this select Animation menu on the top menu bar, then Bone Tools. In the bone tools open Object Properties and uncheck Bone On.

Comment

Working...
          X