Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customization modeling? and how to let the player choose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customization modeling? and how to let the player choose.

I'm Fairly new to modeling I am working on my project for over 3 years now because I want the game to be the best quality. I have two problems that I must have resolved for my design to work please help me if you can.

1. With a game like Skyrim, the player gets to choose how their avatar will look, I want to do something similar in the mutiplayer I designed. Is there away to pick fighting styles as well catered to the players choice as well as looks with modeling and if so how do I do that?

2. In the game the player can use magic as well as transforming example: werewolf , Vampire and Warlock? is there away to add two types of models per player without limiting the ram used or bandwidth? basically I'm asking for a large mutiplayer will this cause crashes?

Like I said I am new to this but If you be so kind to help let me know.

Originally posted by MarkH View Post

2. In the game the player can use magic as well as transforming example: werewolf , Vampire and Warlock? is there away to add two types of models per player without limiting the ram used or bandwidth? basically I'm asking for a large mutiplayer will this cause crashes?
    In a singelplayer game you could do it like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRp1585MIwQ But I think this wont work with a multiplayer game (just try it out ^^ it isn't so much work)

Comment

thanks man, its just so much for them you know. 2 model for one player. an example would be the game the suffering. But with mutiplayer.

Comment

this helps though thank you

Comment

Working...
        X