Problem Importing Blender Models To UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Importing Blender Models To UDK

Alright, this is my first time posting here, so forgive me if this isn't where i should be posting this sort of problem.
    Anyway, Im having a problem when I import my Blender models to UDK. I am importing in an FBX file format, and when i import it, half of the model doesnt show up

Here's the front of the model:
    http://imgur.com/Np8zh8h

And here's the back of the model:
    http://imgur.com/vsn3YEs

As you can see, the front shows up fine, but the back is completely transparent. Anyone else having this issue, or know of a potential fix?
    Thanks

it looks like your normal are flipped the wrong way, go into edit mode select all and press the "recalculate" button.

Comment

Hmm, that just flipped the problem. Now the top is transparent and the bottom is solid

Comment

that usually means your faces are pointing inwards instead of outwards, try doing the same but hit the "flip" button.

Comment

nope, same thing. sorry this is being such a pain

Comment

could you upload the blend file somewhere so that we can take a look at it?

Comment

ok, in edit mode open the properties window, scroll down to the "mesh display" section, near the bottom of it there is a button that has a cube with a highlighted face, press it and change the size to 5, a load of little lines will show you what way the faces are pointing, they need to all be pointing out.

Comment

Fighter5347 heres a copy of it http://www.mediafire.com/?psdeq3o1v13lb65
                The model thats having the issue is in the 2nd layer

and Smokey, they all appear to be pointing out. Maybe it's not a problem with the normals?

Comment

I think the problem is that the mesh is build from a one side polygons. I will try to find a solution

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
                    I think the problem is that the mesh is build from a one side polygons. I will try to find a solution
                    yep, in your material in UDK check the "two sided" box and then it should show both sides.

Comment

No normal issue, this is how polygons work in general. They are one-sided per definition, the backside is not visible. You can do it the lazy way and apply a two sided material but this has its drawbacks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by smokey13 View Post
                        yep, in your material in UDK check the "two sided" box and then it should show both sides.
                        I have tested it out and it works, just try it out Bubba

Comment

worked like a charm, you guys are awesome!
                          thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by mAlkAv!An View Post
                            They are one-sided per definition, the backside is not visible.
                            mAlkAv!An's right, although it looked like a closed mesh that's why I thought your mesh had flipped normals, anyway glad you sorted it

Comment

Working...
                            X