Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wondering if you can skin a cahrecter with more then one piece and tehn import to udk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    In general it is possible to export sekletal mesh combined of several separate meshes out of 3DSmax.

1) You have to rig these onto same skeleton or bonesystem (mandatory)

2) If You are using FBX exporter and You are exporting only selected objects, You have to select not only the geometry objects but also the bonesystem. Otherwise You encounter separate objects in UDK on import (read - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post31298410 - first qaurter aprox. of post)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I do t think the combine meshes option works for skeletal meshes.

If you're going to skin that mesh to a skeleton, combine it into one mesh as-is, rig it, and when you're doing the weighting, make sure the parts that move individually from the rest of the mesh are weighted 100% to their own bones then you can animate that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
    Yes you can import a mesh with different parts. Just enable the function "combine meshes" when you import the mesh
    Awesome thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes you can import a mesh with different parts. Just enable the function "combine meshes" when you import the mesh

Leave a comment:

• wondering if you can skin a cahrecter with more then one piece and tehn import to udk

Hi there I was wondering if any one knows if you have to have a mesh as one piece or separate like the picture (blue parts are separate and i need to rotate them forward and back[IMG][/IMG]
Working...
X