Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
    I would have those modeled separately, as single planes (they don't need thickness added to it, just make the material 2-sided if you need to see both sides). Then I would either apply a separate material to the glass (you can have more than one material applied to a single object) or have the glass as a separate object.

For the material, look at some of the UDK material examples on how to do reflections, you can use a reflection map or try and do a real-time reflection.
    Cheers m8, that's how I figured I should go about it, just figured I'd ask beforehand to make sure there wasn't another method or something I was unaware of.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would have those modeled separately, as single planes (they don't need thickness added to it, just make the material 2-sided if you need to see both sides). Then I would either apply a separate material to the glass (you can have more than one material applied to a single object) or have the glass as a separate object.

For the material, look at some of the UDK material examples on how to do reflections, you can use a reflection map or try and do a real-time reflection.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Quick question about windows/glass

Quick question about windows/glass

Hey guys~ I'm currently in the early stages of planning a new scene, going for a fairly generic indoor Sci-fi environment, making us of a lot of modular models/textures. I've never really done any environment that's had proper windows- I've made walls with windows before but always just used full reflection maps etc, rather than making true glass.

So my question is- if I want to make an environment with proper, large, windows (clearly made of glass, transparent etc) how should I go about it? I know there are a few tutorials floating around about making the material but I mean more like.. how do you go about modelling/texturing these parts, do I leave space for them on my diffuse textures or do I detach any glass parts and give them their own texture space etc?

Cheers!
Working...
X