Chain Link Fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chain Link Fence

Do they use chain link models in games or image planes? I never really noticed! Seems like way too many triangles just for a little section. I tried a quick image plane of a chain link and didn't get the greatest results(would have been good for a background, that can't be reached.......anyone use them either way in their scene?......I may have to use a simpler structured model....

I think most people use models if you could get up close to it, like you would have 2-4 cylinders for poles and a plain in the middle, then in UDK use a two sided texture and use the alpha channel for the gaps in the chainlink with "blend-masked" in the material, you could also use a normal map to give some depth to the chainlink.

if memory serves UDK comes with a chainlink fence model, you could take a look at that.

Comment

Yeah the model in UDK is just a plane with an alpha channel in between two cylinders.

I believe CG textures has a tiling chain link fence texture and an alpha for it that should work nicely.

Comment

Oh, there it is! I searched chainlink instead of fences! and found the model in UDK. So, I was on the right track...I will have to try and play with some materials later, because I don't like the way it looks....My first attempt was a little fuzzy on edges than theirs, trying to get the mask....

Comment

Working...
        X