feedback wanted (vehicle WIP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feedback wanted (vehicle WIP)

as the title says I want to get some feed back on my model before I star marking seems and unwrapping...ect.

so this is the model.

rear suspension.

front suspension.

any and all feedback would be helpful, so what do you think?

thanks

--EDIT--

chosker suggested some reference images so here you go.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	3253400

Name:	dsc00035.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	3253401

Name:	hummer ride height.jpg
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	3253402

Name:	Hummer_H1_Tuning_5945.jpg
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	3253403

Looks FANTASTIC! Very nice details, though the smoothing groups need a lot of help.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken+Ribs Combo View Post
      though the smoothing groups need a lot of help.
      in my experience, if you're going to create a normalmap off a high-poly version of your model, it's best to have it all as a single smoothing group.

about the vehicle it looks great, but it'd be easier to comment on it you showed your reference
      also this isn't usually the best place to get real critique for art. that's probably better on cgtalk or polycount

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken+Ribs Combo View Post
        Looks FANTASTIC! Very nice details
        thanks, appreciate it

though the smoothing groups need a lot of help.
        yeah, I showed it both flat and smooth shaded to show the difference in the way it looks, I haven't really decided what parts I want smooth/flat shaded yet.

Originally posted by Chosker View Post
        if you're going to create a normalmap off a high-poly version of your model
        baking normal maps is one thing I know barley anything about.

about the vehicle it looks great, but it'd be easier to comment on it you showed your reference
        thank you and I attached 4 of the reference images I used, my model isn't exactly the same as any of them because there are a lot of different accessories on different versions so I used bits and pieces from the images, also the roof will slide open and a turret raises up into position witch obviously isn't in any of the images (or it will once I rig and animate it)

also this isn't usually the best place to get real critique for art. that's probably better on cgtalk or polycount
        its not good enough to be called art , I just want feed back, like if you think to yourself " if I was going to make this model I would do that different or change that...ect" well you know what I mean. oh and it will be a free asset for people just to play around with or whatever.

Comment

Working...
        X