UV map lost in exportation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UV map lost in exportation

Hi, I am fairly new to 3d modelling so I've probably just made a mistake somewhere.

I have UV mapped my car model in 3DS Max.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3ds.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	3253395
    But when I import to UDK it is like this, and the UV map is not imported.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	UDk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	3253396

This is a skeletal mesh FBX 2013.

make sure you uvw modifier is below the skin modifier

also check your export settings in the fbx exporter

Comment

According to geodav's reply.The skin modifier should be the topmost modifier in stack. In 3d modelling sw there is no problem to have additional modifiers above skin modifier but the export do ignore everything above (logic is You model it, modify it, unwrapUVWs and skin it which means You can export the finished model). In case of ActorX I suppose the exporter is doing things in simmilar way (or at least I did not ever tried to use any modifier above the skin or physics and export it out of 3dsmax).

One note to this: if modifiers above the skin are modifiers not affecting vertex placement (edit mesh, edit poly and so) You can relatively safely move them down the stack below the skin modifier. But if there are some editing modifiers above Skin modifier, there might be problems. It is possible still to move modifiers down the stack. But manual check if something has been screwed up is nearly mandatory step. Becuase You have changed geometry, changing modifier order migh affect skin modifier as well (editing modifier placed above skin and then moving it down below the skin = gemoetry nnow has been edited prior to skin modifier however the skin modifier still "thinks" the edit modifiers are not below but above)!!!
      The skin modifier envelope/vertex assignment probably reverted to default (autogenerated on modifier creation), and any user modifications and tweaks to the envelopes and vertex assignment are probably lost!

Comment

Thanks guys! The UVW map was above the skin modifier reskinned above the UVW map an imports fine

Comment

Working...
        X