Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to export a 3D model from Maya to UDK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well I am not sure it you are trying to export a skeletal mesh or a static mesh...but if you are worried about overlapping uvs, you might want to assign different materials to each mesh in maya, (so they will have different material slots in udk), then you can combine them.
    You ight also want to think about using actor x (dont know if its better or worse than fbx export).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JessieG View Post
    Move their pivot points to the origin export each one separately (3 FBX files) import, put them in the map and set their locations all to the same spot.
    Thanks for the help i will try right now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Move their pivot points to the origin export each one separately (3 FBX files) import, put them in the map and set their locations all to the same spot.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic How to export a 3D model from Maya to UDK?

How to export a 3D model from Maya to UDK?

Hello guys.

I make a Spaceship modeling in Maya but my Spaceship have 3 different parts its not a single one object.

To modeling the spaceship I have used a extruded cube to body, a cylinder to cockpit and a another cube to shape the air wings, every part have your uv_map

Because of that i don't know how to export the FBX file to UDK, if I combine everything in Maya to create a single one object, the Uv_map will overlap :-(

How I can export 3 single parts to make one object to work in UDK?

Thanks for the help
Working...
X