Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[3ds Max Users] CAT leg limb is driving me crazy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[3ds Max Users] CAT leg limb is driving me crazy!!!

Another problem with CAT: I've bumped into this problem countless times before, but I still can't manage to solve the problem; when I create a walk cycle using CATMotionPanel when the leg reaches the maximum stretch my knee makes a weird movement trying to reach the IK target. This make my animation look a lot less realistic, does anyone know how to solve it?

Originally posted by sneppy View Post
    Another problem with CAT: I've bumped into this problem countless times before, but I still can't manage to solve the problem; when I create a walk cycle using CATMotionPanel when the leg reaches the maximum stretch my knee makes a weird movement trying to reach the IK target. This make my animation look a lot less realistic, does anyone know how to solve it?
    CAT is a nightmare with gimbal lock, why are you using it?

Comment

I never have any problems with gimbal lock. Could you post a video of your issue?

Comment

no, it's not a problem of gimbal lock (even if I had also that kind of problem >> CAT Gimbal Lock problem)...
        My problem regards the limb of the leg and the knee, Pic will explain better...

This is frame 21:

And this is frame 22:

And finally frame 23:

in three frames the left knee rotate twice and the resulting animation doesn't look very nice...

@LexLuthor1: I use CAT just because is very quick and easy to setup and because it's easy to setup motion animation such as walking and running animation even if the results aren't so good...

Comment

You mean that the lower leg swings out then back in a couple of frames, right?

Comment

yes, that's right

Comment

Working...
            X