Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[WALK-THROUGH] Fully Functional Vehicle (my first car).

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • replied
    tried them but no luck. suspension travel did nothing, wheel suspension stiffness made the suspension harder/softer but didn't really change the height of the body, wheel suspension damping had no noticeable effect, and wheel suspension bias just made it bounce up and down (before I even got in it), although it was quite funny. im going to go and have a quick look at teglegs thread to see if anyone has asked about these two things on there.

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    ok ill give them a try

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    ok lets see if we can fix some of that

    q1 in the wheel code try changing
    Code:
    	SuspensionTravel=40

    q2. to change the why the suspension works you can try tweaking these values in the vehicle code
    Code:
    	WheelSuspensionStiffness=100.0
    		WheelSuspensionDamping=3.0
    		WheelSuspensionBias=0.1
    q3. looks great now

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    ok so today I fixed the broken bits of the mesh (how good is that "check mesh" option by the way), I have re-imported and re-setup my package, tested it and its all working ok. here is a new video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WebH...yer_detailpage
    as far as I can tell it seems to be working fine but your the expert. there are two things that aren't quite right though, the first is that the body is slightly to low, I illustrated it by looking at the front hub (the hub should be roughly in the middle of the wheel while stationary), the second is the way the wheels bounce into the floor (witch is why I moved the camera to the side to show it better).

    Q1: how do I make the body higher so it sits rught?

    Q2: how do I reduce the bounce of the tyres to about 25% of what it is now? (because tyres should have some bounce but not that much)

    Q3: other then those two minor things is there anything else you can think of that I need to do/change before I can start trying to set up the rest of the skeleton?

    if there is nothing else you can think of, this is going quite well now that all the problems are sorted

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    Originally posted by geodav View Post
    after all that stress there's a simple fix
    select the mesh then in the UDK Export section click the "Check Mesh Vertices" this creates a copy of the mesh but also selects the problem verts which you then delete, re-name the mesh because it gets called buggy.001 which udk doesn't like so change it to buggy_001 then with that mesh selected export.
    jobs a good en
    i'll send you the resulting files
    where is that option and what version if blender? never mind found it in 2.66 (so 2.66 is better)

    --EDIT--

    ok I got the file, so now I have to reimport to UDK and set it up again yeh

    --EDIT--

    I just tried to delete the mesh from my package and replace it with the psk version to try and save time. that was a terrible idea, just wasted time and didn't work anyway (didn't think it would).so I started from scratch, so far I have the textures imported, I have also created the physical materials, I will do the rest tommorow

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    after all that stress there's a simple fix
    select the mesh then in the UDK Export section click the "Check Mesh Vertices" this creates a copy of the mesh but also selects the problem verts which you then delete, re-name the mesh because it gets called buggy.001 which udk doesn't like so change it to buggy_001 then with that mesh selected export.
    jobs a good en
    i'll send you the resulting files

    not to play catch you later

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    i'm trying to narrow it down

    back to square 1

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    what the whole engine

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    if you delete the engine from the mesh then export it goes fine

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    yeah it takes ages

    did you get the ones in the front hub

    --EDIT--

    failed as well

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    thought i was done
    it wasn't the only face
    still digging on the full mesh
    it's hard to find on a complex mesh but when in edit mode poly select there is always a dot in the middle of the face
    it's now the case of finding the faces that are causing the problem

    plus exporting takes a while

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    you found it

    what the hell is that , oh I know what that is it's what the front of the engine rests on

    for easy access to that bit just pull the floor down.

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    think i've got it


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    now to find the sod on the full mesh

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    Originally posted by geodav View Post
    got it, now the fun starts
    you said it

    Leave a comment:


  • replied
    got it, now the fun starts

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X