Blender to UDK skining character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blender to UDK skining character

Hello, I am having an issue when skinning my character in UDK. As you can see from photos, around the mouth, eyes and alittle on the ears, you can see how the poly's are different. From the other pictures you can see how it looks in blender and that it works. Is there a simple way to fix this issue? Or how to even fix the issue haha. If someone could help me, I would make it worth their time. Any help would be appreciated, I am still learing how to do all of this. Thank you everyone!

which file format are you exporting to?. the eyes and ears might be disappearing because of to many faces to close together, (I read that a couple of months ago on the forum), also the poly's are different because the mesh of you character is being triangulated when exported (I think that's normal)

Comment

I am exporting as fbx. Oh there aren't eyes because I forgot to add them, one crisis at a time haha. Do you know how to make it so they don't change triangulation?

Comment

Triangulation is a must but you can do it in Blender (CTRL+T shortcut) if you want more control over the result.
        You probably need to scale up your model to fix these issues.

Comment

I will try the ctrl t and see if that helps. What do you mean by scale up my model?

Comment

Make it bigger. If your model has a size of just a few blender units / unreal units, there are likely occuring precision errors causing such issues.

Comment

I noticed if I import as a static mesh it works fine, just has an issue importating as a skeletal mesh. Make it bigger by physical size in units or size of polys? Sorry for the questions, I'm still trying to learn. :-(

Comment

check the normal direction

Comment

I changed the scale and it appears to work now! Now to work on the rest of it, thanks you rock!

Comment

Working...
                  X