Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid UV index table

Hi all.
    I've made model in Luxology Modo, and currently am trying to texture it in 3ds Max. But once i've imported this model into 3ds Max (it was in fbx format), it gives me error "Invalid UV index table", saying, that mapping for some elements can be missed. Well, it is, some elements don't have UV maps, and i can't texture them properly. I've figured out, that all these elements were created with Pen tool in Luxology Modo, so that might be problem.

So, how can i create mapping for these elements? Or should i redo them without Pen tool (which would be much more difficult, coz Pen is most cheap way to make that elements)? I'm new in modelling. so, can't resolve this problem by myself.

I don't think you can work with .fbx format, least not so in Maya which is .mb I've accidentally loaded .fbx instead of .mb and found them unworkable.

Comment

I don't know Modo but can't you apply UV inside Max then?.

Comment

obihb, the trick is, i've added UV Unwrap modifier, but it just ignores problematic elements. Mb, later i will post screenshot, to describe more clearly, what kind of problem i have.
        Snipe34, i will try to use another export file type (obj, maybe), but i'm not sure, that this will solve my problem.

Comment

what happens when you apply the unwrap modifier? what do you mean by "ignore problematic elements? you could try to apply a uvw map modifier, then collapse the stack and then restart with unwrap uvw...

Comment

sneppy, here screenshot demponstrating result of UV Unwrap.

As you can see, green lines are lines, where modifier has been applied well. But weapon's butt is unaffected. And when i apply texture to that elements group, it has just one color instead of proper texture.

Comment

The UV's are probably all sitting on one point. You should just unwrap the model in Max. It will work fine then.

Comment

obihb, right above your post is my post, with result of unwrapping part of model.

Comment

Yeah, but did you actually unwrap the model or did you just apply the modifier?. I can't see the unwrap on that shot, just the model with mapping seams. Applying the unwrap modifier doesn't actually unwrap the model, it just displays current uv mapping and allows you to edit them. My guess is you are seeing the exported uv's there but you did not edit them any more so nothing else is actually unwrapped. It doesn't make any sense to me that Max will not allow you to unwrap the model because it's an import. It's only polygons, so Max will let you unwrap it, even if it has no current uv's.

Comment

Working...
                  X