LF UVW complex Hard surface Tuts or Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LF UVW complex Hard surface Tuts or Help

So i have been look and looking and i cant find anything on complex surfaces. I tried stitching the edges together and im sure i messed up, so many over lapping faces. couldn't relax them. and when went to move verts it was pointless to even try.
    for the chance that i have missed something could someone link me to one or if you feel you may know and have the time it would be appreciated.

On that particular piece, make a seam down each of the four corners, then use Quick Peel to automatically flatten. You might separate the four sides from the top to maximize UV space. And if you have a bottom then you'd want to separate the bottom as well.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
      On that particular piece, make a seam down each of the four corners, then use Quick Peel to automatically flatten. You might separate the four sides from the top to maximize UV space. And if you have a bottom then you'd want to separate the bottom as well.

hey man thx for the help but, when i did that it still didnt work for some reason

Comment

What do you mean by it didn't work?

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
          What do you mean by it didn't work?
          it didnt peel when i look at my editor it was all together

Comment

think i found the error in my gemetry i was selecting the wrong line to cross all of them. i believe i fixed it here is the update

Comment

For such low poly and boxy stuff in max, I flattern uvs, then select edges and stitch.
              For easy stitching key is FLATTERN UVS (in uv editor TOOLS menu) before stitching,
              you will have more to stitch but all faces will have same scale and nothing should overlap.

It is easier to stitch few faces than fix mess made by automated tools.

For this box uvs you can have all 4 sides in one place. And probably top and bottom faces together.

Comment

Working...
              X