Mudbox Dirt Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mudbox Dirt Help?

Hi I have been modeling in 3Ds max and Mudbox for over 7 years now and I have this zombie model (Still WIP) that I cannot figure out how to make a realistic dirt paint layer over this zombie. I want to know if what ways you can do this and get it as realistic as possible. Video anything I would be very grateful.

I don't know much about Mudbox, but using GIMP or Photoshop I add a layer of solid dirt that covers the entire layer. Then I add a black (transparent) layer mask and paint on the layer mask. I'm sure you could do something similar in Mudbox.

Comment

Well I could just finish the model and export the texture map which I had panted in Mudbox, then in Photoshop add and improve the texture.

Comment

Model first > sculpt second > texture third. Seems you are getting the second and third steps combined which messes with your head (at least from my experience :P). What you want to do is create the lower details the refine and refine till the point where the sculpt is done. Achieving a 'dirt' look is a matter of noise in the sculpt combined with a decent spec, none of which you have there. Finish up the sculpt to how you want it to look then think about the rest. As with most computer related things, you need to break it down into steps to avoid being swamped in details of different parts of the model all at once.

Comment

Thanks Ghiest that helps

Comment

Working...
          X