Major Blender to UDK collision model problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Blender to UDK collision model problem

I'm new to UDK and created a mesh in Blender to import. I duplicated the mesh to use the duplicate as a collision mesh which I used the proper UCX_ naming convention but when I import the .ase to UDK the mesh is all messed up. The collision model's wireframe doesn't even cover the mesh and it is the wrong shpae as well as it extends almost the length of an entire map. I would really appreciate any help. Here are the screenshots:
    Here is the model in Blender:

And here is the model in UDK with collision view enabled:

The partial invisibility of the model in UDK is normal as I will be using double sided materials to be able to view the whole model in game.

A little info about the mesh is it's a component of a starcruiser specifially a hangar. The inside of the hagar must be hollow and have collision as well as have a hole in the back(highlighted in orange in the first pic) for players to move in and out the the room.

Thanks in advanced.

Just a guess, have you applied the scale for all of the models you're exporting?

Comment

Maybe you should read the UDN page on collision models before asking why a non convex shape doesn't work when you import it as a convex collision model.

Comment

Ok so I just need to create a bunch of collision meshes that are convex. Unless there is a way to do a non convex collision.

Comment

No way to do non-convex collision other than using per-poly collision. This is usually a big performance hit, but it may actually work well with such a simple mesh as this. Otherwise, create a bunch of convex shapes in Blender and name them UCX_Cube_01, UCX_Cube_02, etc.

Comment

Ok Thanks. Thread Closed

Comment

Originally posted by James Ordner View Post
              No way to do non-convex collision other than using per-poly collision. This is usually a big performance hit, but it may actually work well with such a simple mesh as this. Otherwise, create a bunch of convex shapes in Blender and name them UCX_Cube_01, UCX_Cube_02, etc.
              I saw one tutorial that stated you could actually create 1 UCX_ mesh, but have multiple convex shapes with in it. I did a simple test in the UT 3 editor and it seemed to work fine.

Comment

Like using a multi-sided cylinder structure with separate meshes making up the circumference of the cylinder to adhere to the general rule of using non-concave collision meshes, and thick enough to cover any small details in meshes or BSP the players model could get hung up on.

Just remember to never use 'mylevel' explicitly for a filename, as the Unreal Engine uses it internally and could get confused or misdirected by trying to use the file for resources.

You might also refrain from using an image hosting site that prompts a user to download their image hosting software, with a download dialog for an EXE by clicking on any of the images you posted on that site - as some users may get the wrong impression! :|

Comment

Working...
                X