Import models to physx lab help :((((((

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import models to physx lab help :((((((

Hi everyone, i have been thinking about this for a long time and i though that pro's in here know how
    to do it.
    Does anyone know how to import meshes from UDK to physx lab????
    I would love to fracture them and create realistic destruction with apex.
    Now probably some of you might be thinking "Why can't this dumbass use the fracture tool?"
    But the problem is that the fracture tool doesn't give you a realistic, smooth effect of destruction
    that physx lab gives. I ve tried the export option in udk but i don't know how to do it correctly
    because i when i try to open them, they just don't appear.

Specs (i dunno if this might help but...)
    Intel Core i5 750 @ 2,67 GHz 2,00 GHz
    Ati Radeon 5770 1Gb (udk is running with dx11, 64 bit)
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    8gb Ram

As far as I know, this is not supported by UDK.

Comment

Maybe someone else can be more specific, but I had problems with Physx not appearing, also crashes using the physx particle system. My story doesn't seem that logical, but at the time I changed from DX9 to DX11 - no physX appeared, so I went back to DX9 presuming that was the problem. A pal who only used DX9 reported no issues with exactly the same physx stuff. I switch back to DX11 again, all ok. The particle systems had caused me crashes too. For me it took some fiddling, switching back and forth but now nps. (btw I couldn't make lightmaps with UDK tool using DX11). I now use DX9.

You're using 64bit... and my friend was using that.

I prefer the UDK fracture tool but last I looked projectiles don't affect them, whereas they do physx.

Comment

mentioned before on his other thread, in most cases you can't export the epic/udk content, make your own meshes and then use physxlab

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
          mentioned before on his other thread, in most cases you can't export the epic/udk content, make your own meshes and then use physxlab
          Oops I re-read 'import UDK to physx' thinking he meant the reverse... my mistake. True, export UDK meshes, no. Maybe tex only can, similar to UT2004. Some Russian guy wrote a sk mesh exporter for UT2004 but I don't think it worked well. I think forbidding mesh exports is good, it encourages people to learn meshes. Even obviously challenges some programmers to try work-arounds, lol.

Comment

Yeah it's true, but in my case i had to download 3ds max (and i coulnd't buy it) because i wanted to make a simple wall. Right now i have found a workaround and im already doing my walls and they are destructable. My objetive is to make a building

Comment

you can use blender which is free and not too hard to learn

Comment

Exporting to apex works fine for me. Make sure you export as a fbx.

Comment

Working...
                X