About 3ds max and remove tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Just remember that while modeling static objects or objects that you will use as movers, so basically anything that won't bend or deform, it's ok to use triangles in some spots to reduce the polycount instead if having edge loops go all around the model to add detail to only a specific area.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, we will have level streaming feature so maybe i dont need to worry about that afterall

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah that's probably the best you can do without altering the silhouette of the mesh. Since that door most likely will be indoors and not in a huge outdoor area, the very count isnt too big of a deal. It's good that you're thinking of your poly budget and reducing stuff, but unless you're doing a huge outdoor level or a scene where a lot of things will be visible at the same time, your vert count can go pretty high overall it's the materials that your main focus should be on optimizing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okie i'll try

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you are looking to save some vert/triangle count there, just take the horizontal and verticle divisions in the four corners push the verts to the corners.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Corners.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	3249686

Leave a comment:

• started a topic About 3ds max and remove tool

About 3ds max and remove tool

So basically i have this door model and i was thingking should i use remove tool to remove unusable vertices and edges or should i leave it?

Working...
X