• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by electricsauce View Post
    Small or not you defnitley need to retopo. This should get you started:
    http://www.blendtuts.com/Retopo

Blendercookie also has a lot of free tutorials on topology. You want to get your triangle count down to between 3 and 10k.

Outside of topology, if you want to find some of the problem areas of the mesh, go into edit mode and select non manifold.
    Yeah afterwards it should be scaled up. If the retopology is perfect but it's still a tiny mesh, it'll lose faces again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Small or not you defnitley need to retopo. This should get you started:
    http://www.blendtuts.com/Retopo

Blendercookie also has a lot of free tutorials on topology. You want to get your triangle count down to between 3 and 10k.

Outside of topology, if you want to find some of the problem areas of the mesh, go into edit mode and select non manifold.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good point. If this is the default Blender grid size which you can see on the first screen, the model is definitely too small.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One other issue it may be is the size. If you modeled it really small and imported it into UDK, faces will disappear.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To take away vertices you can use the decimate modifier, the only downside is that it takes it away from your whole model. As to the parts where there is nothing, try to flip normal's on that specific spot. As every one else though is saying I dont see why you need that many vertices for your eyes, ears etc. Most model designers build the high res mesh, and then use Normal mapping for more intricate detail and build a low res mesh. That way the system is calculating the 2D mapping instead of 3D. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here a link that solve it.
    http://bizla.weebly.com/9/post/2012/...01st-2012.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Based on the number of verts, you might want to make a new model, cus I was going to suggest deleting a whole bunch of edges, but that might take a long time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe I will just make a new model.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I actually did not make the model. Would you be able to tell me how to lower the verticies to see if that will fix the issue? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ya that looks like way too many polys...As stated by Nabiul, how did you make that? U need much less verts on those parts,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Jesus christ how did you even make something like that? It should be plainly obvious from that picture what is wrong with the model.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is an open edge on the left of his forehead, thats an issue. And i dont know why you need so many poligons for the ears. I've never used Blender so i cant help you check what may be wrong but it looks wrong overall to me anyway. You better retopo your model. :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I posted another picture and its obvious that the high verticies areas are the ones where it isn't showing up. Does this help you guys trying to diagnose my issue or how to fix it? Thanks for helping :-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How many polygons does the model have? Things get messed up like that over 60k polys.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks I tried that but nothing changed :-(. Any other ideas?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X