Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Question] When will be available 3DS Max 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Question] When will be available 3DS Max 2014?

Hi! I use 3DS Max 2013 and simply for curiosity I wanted to know when is the 2014 version going to be available. Every year seems to appear a new version, do they always come by the same time of the year? Are any new features of 3DS Max 2014 alredy known?

Probably April

They've come out the same time each year since version 2009.

As for features, probably some updates to the iRay renderer. They've been doing updates to the physics system to make it more unified so there will probably be updates to that. They've been doing UI updates so probably a change for that. Hopefully an update to viewports so you can tear them out (like if you wanted to throw a viewport onto a separate monitor and maximize it). I can't think of any updates that would effect games though.

Comment

Additional improvements on Viewport Canvas tool will be highly appreciated.That tool will enormously cut the time spent switching between Max and Photoshop. The goal is always to work in as less as possible tools. Unwraping can also be improved. I am not professional for Max, this is just my opinion. Anyway, whenever you think that they have pushed the software to the limit, they always invent something or improve something already invented drastically.

Comment

They may even improve the "unbalanced close chunk" feature :P

Comment

Originally posted by MarkedOne8 View Post
          Additional improvements on Viewport Canvas tool will be highly appreciated.That tool will enormously cut the time spent switching between Max and Photoshop. The goal is always to work in as less as possible tools. Unwraping can also be improved. I am not professional for Max, this is just my opinion. Anyway, whenever you think that they have pushed the software to the limit, they always invent something or improve something already invented drastically.
          Supposedly the major updates to that were done by one person, hopefully they'll continue to improve it.

Comment

Working...
          X