Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

trouble importing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble importing

hi, i made a model using blender of a basic handgun but when i import it and its texture i get this warning "Generated/imported vertex count ratio(1810/855) exceeds expected percentage (111.70 percent vs 25.00 percent expected)" can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix it? cheers

This is a common warning that can be ignored.

Comment

ok new problem when i try building lightmass i get a warning saying "static mesh has invalid lightmap coordinate index". does anyone know what this means and how to fix it

Comment

You dont have a second UV map for the lightmap to use or it is not in the 0 to 1 space

Comment

ok not sure why you've imported a handgun as a static mesh when i think it should be a skeletal mesh but what ever

have a look at my blender->udk playlist on my youtube channel they show both static and skeletal mesh work flows

ps that warning show that your uvw map isn't well used

Comment

I don't think that warning has anything to do with a UV unwrap. Lightmap warnings are the only UV related warnings because a mesh can have whatever UVs you want for the texture as long as they work for what you need. There's no standard for how they need to be laid out.

Comment

Working...
            X