Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

How to import static mesh with "cube projection uv" from blender?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to import static mesh with "cube projection uv" from blender?

Hi all,
    well 3dsmax had afaik the same feature to project textures in shape of a cube, sphere, plane etc.
    And I know that I can import different UV layouts to one static mesh in udk.

So can anybody tell me what I have to do when I want export something like "cube projection uv layout"?

You create the UVs in blender and just import the model to UDK. uVs are brought in automatically from the 3D app.

Comment

okay but I'm afraid that this won't work so easily. This cube projection stuff is a setting of the texture in blender, its no uv setting of the mesh. There was such a modifier in 3dsmax to set the uvs and well I just found a similar one in blender. Yeah somehow you helped me a lot thanks

Comment

In fact it is a uv unwrapping option, so it's not different from any other UV map. You just do the unwrap and afterwards export the mesh to UDK.
        I don't know for what reason you do need the cube projection in particular but usually you're better off to set uv seams manually.

Comment

Working...
        X