3ds Max 2012 CAT help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3ds Max 2012 CAT help

After updating Max to fix the broken skin modifier that it ships with, it breaks CAT. When I link my characters hand to its forearm bone, it moves the hand to the end of the bone. I would really like my bones to stay where I put them. Does anyone no how to disable it from moving my bones when I link them together?

I'm a little confused - what's wrong with the current forearm-hand hierarchy? Are the hierarchy's destroyed after updating Max?

Because the developers have loads of bugs to go through when it comes to CAT, sometimes updates will wreak havoc on characters created with the previous version because they don't seem to do enough testing with backwards compatibility. You may want to recreate the character's bone setup again, using your old one as reference.

If relinking the hand to the forearm isn't working in setup mode, I'm not sure what to suggest. How many forearm segments do you have (eg, do you have links for twisting)?

Comment

I would look for tutorials, maybe you could find one that would solve your problem

Comment

Tried that, but I can't find anything. The very first update released for 2012 fixes the skin modifier, which was broke on shipment. However, it is packaged with an update to CAT that was supposed to make it more stable.

Prior to update, I could link the bones like in the bottom version, but they stayed put and animated the same. Now, as soon as you link the bones it moves the child to the end of the parent.

Comment

Sorry for double post. Bad connection.

Comment

Working...
          X