Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Sorry for double posting, but just to clear out some things:
    - I got a tip to check out the post process chain in the content browser and change the AO effects there however, this did not solve the issue, in fact it did little to nothing. Either way I guess it wouldn't solve the problem with different walls having and not having the effect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks a bunch for all the help, I managed to get the bleeding to disappear by making sure the islands had enough space inbetween them.
    But another problem has emerged and I wonder if anyone has any insight to this problem.

As you can see from the image, there's some sort of ambient occlusion-like effect on the straight walls while the corner ones don't have any (same goes for other walls, straight and cornered)
    I don't think it has anything to do with the normal map since other walls with normal maps don't have the same effect as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You only need to take care of the space between the UV islands since the UDK does add a border automatically when rebuilding the light to prevent bleeding artifacts.
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Light...0and%20Padding

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, keep in mind that a smaller lightmap res will resulting more of a bleed, so the smaller the lightmap res, the farther the UV shells should be from the edges of the 0-1 space (your strait wall UVs look a little to close to the left edge)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A few guidelines... Keep in mind I use blender so some of the terminology might be different.
    • Use as much of the positive UV space as you can.
    • NEVER overlap UV faces/islands.
    • NEVER go outside the positive UV space.
    • Connect as many of the UV faces as you can.
    • Any face that won't be seen by the player, can be very small on the UV layout.
    • Any major visible face can probably be scaled up a bit as well.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want to keep up this topic. The guys at Polycount tryed different approaches, with normal maps, different exporting and etc.

Please help us to make this problem clear!
    Already started thread at polycount, to see this at big scope:
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94585

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Lightmapping Problem

Lightmapping Problem

Hey, I've been having some issues with the lightmapping of some objects, and I've been reading about it and I tried creating enough space for the different elements in the UV editor, but I still get visible seems and light bleeding through in places where I don't want it to. Down bleow is an image displaying my problem as well as the UVs for some of the objects this is happening to. If anyone sees what I'm doing wrong, I would appreciate the help!

Working...
X