gun animations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    ya i did, i never new that button existed until geodav showed me that pitcher

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have you unticked the animated rotation only checkbox in the guns settings? That got me for agies when i was doing my pistol animations

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmm quick question, how would i re compress the animation to display raw data only, not to shore how to do this with actor X

scratch that i just re imported and its fine

Leave a comment:

• replied
    XD thanks for the pitcher solved all my problems told ya i was missing something simple and obvious, but in my search i did find a 18 (give or take a few)part tutorial on making a glock all the way up to animating it helped me out a bunch. each video is around an hour mite take some time to watch, or if you are me waste my bandwidth here is a link, i erg anyone wanting to learn on building models and stuff to watch it very detailed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFkhJ...eature=related

p.s. Thanks a ton geodav you saved my life more than once

Leave a comment:

• replied
    try my youtube channel, i have some older max videos on there which still work for udk

but this might help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *update3.0* tried making everything out of dummies and using a bone for the top part works in max fails in UDK, i'm starting to think max is just incapable of making gun animations the way UDK wants them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *update2.0* tried just using dummies should of figured that wouldn't work either

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *update* i tried linking a floating bone to a dummy and then the dummy to the root bone, works great in max but fails in UDK, i'm out of options, i don't know what im missing

Leave a comment:

• started a topic gun animations

gun animations

well i have a pistol, and im attempting to animate to top part to move back when fired, i used a dummy and linked it to the root bone and the top part pops back just fine in max but when i export the animation, it douse not show up in UDK, so i was wondering if anyone knows of any good weapon skinning tutorials, or how would i make a free floating bone thats linked to the root bone but douse not move the root bone , i have tried making a free floating bone but it moves the rest of the bones instead of it just moving, also i tried playing with the link info's X,Y,Z and that got me know where. im probly missing something stupid and obvious like usual. any help is much appreciated.
Working...
X