Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blender -> UDK. Skeletal Structure. could use some clarification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blender -> UDK. Skeletal Structure. could use some clarification.

ok so what i need to know is about the UDK bone structure. im good on the blender side and have got it to export a couple of silly things as PSK/PSA. its all been going pretty well ..then i started reading about doing the same with people, and theres much less clarity on this subject. im about ready to rig out a character and try to get them into UDK. however almost everything i've read on this has added to my confusion.
    i downloaded UT3SimpleRig.blend and tried having a go on that and it wont export.. anyone know if there is something wrong with that file? i dont want to copy that out on my model if its not right. its quite strange actually

Error, Mesh Object not center. <Vector <0.000, 0.000, 0.000>>

now correct me here please but that looks pretty centered to me?

also one final thing assuming that the bone sturcture in said file is actually correct, does the orientation of the armatures in blender have to be specific or is there some flexability here?

-

i just realised that this is in the wrong section but dont seem to be able to delete it..

Select your Mesh in Object Mode and Press "Ctrl" + "A" , then Apply Location, Rotation and Scale.
    Make sure, your mesh is centered.

Comment

Vector!=location. A vector is a direction in 3d space, not a location in. You can apply scale and location and then shift+s>cursor to center, shift+s>selection to cursor. the script requires that your object is centered. Make sure that you also center and align the skeleton in edit mode, then shift+s>cursor to center, ctrl+shift+alt+o>origin to cursor.

Comment

alrighty .. but what about the last part? does the orientation of the armatures need to be specific? the reason i ask is because in that UTsimplerig file thay are orientated in what i w call a very pequlier manner.

Comment

if your going to use the utgame anims and code then use that utrig, if your going to do it ALL yourself then i doubt it will matter that much, but you never know

Comment

ah well . only one way to find out . going to dive right in and just make the rig and some anims. fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
            X