Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop to UDK Problem

Hi there,

I've been playing around with UDK for awhile now, Mostly just creating various assets in 3DS Max and having a look at how they look in game.

I recently (Like hours) switched over to nDo2 from using Crazybump and I've found when exporting a .PNG and then into UDK causes it to turn orange and stretch, Also importing as a .PSD does the exact same thing.

But if I export as a .PNG then run it through Crazybump but make no difference, export as a .PNG again and then import into UDK its fine.

I'm sure it's something very simple like a single check box but nothing I have found yet.

Thanks
    Oli

That usually happens if your image doesn't have the right settings, make sure it's in 8bit/RGB in photoshop.

Go to Image -> Mode and select RGB Color and 8-bits/channel.

Comment

i always export as tga files and have never had a problem

Comment

Thanks for the reply's

I will tinker with the 8-bit channel settings.. I know that when I export as a .PNG it asks if I want to export in 8, 16, 24 blah blah.. I always left that as default. I assumed that anything below would degrade the quality?

What's the pro's and con's UDK wise when using .PNG and .TGA? I would assume the easiest thing to do would be to import the .PSD?

Thanks
        Oli

Comment

Thanks Graylord.. 3DS Max was exporting the .PNG's in 16-bit.

Thanks
          Oli

Comment

Working...
          X