Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting models from Cinema4d

Hello everyone!
    I've been looking for this on forum, but couldn't find anything.
    When I export my models from Cinema 4d to .FBX and when I Import it in UDK, my models are in parts, I have to make it again in udk from those parts(or connect every part), and my textures and materials are not imported. I've got models in color(green, blue...) Where do I make mistake???
    And while importing I get this message:

Warrning: No smoothing group information was found in this FBX scene.
    Please make sure to enable the "Export Smoothing Groups" option in the FBX Exporter plug-in before exporting the file.
    Even for tools that don't support smoothing groups, the FBX Exporter will generate appropriate smoothing data
    at export-time so that correct vertex normals can be inferred while importing.

Sorry for my bad English. Greetings!

I think there's an option when you import to determine if it will separate out the object into the individual meshes.

When you import it will only bring in the mesh, you have to separately import your textures and setup your materials. If your mesh is using a material that's the same name as a material in UDK then it will automatically use that material.

The error is saying your mesh doesn't have smoothing applied. I don't know how C4D handles smoothing, but you either need to setup your smoothing groups or adjust a smooth groups setting in the FBX exporter.

Comment

It's little complicated, but it's working....Thank you

Comment

Sweex,

Or anyone really....I am trying to get C4D to export with smoothing into UDK. Sweex got it working...how did you do it??

Comment

Wen import fbx into UDK turn on Explicit Normals option ON!
          if your want to reimport your fbx mesh dont use in browser option "reimport static mesh"! Import it again it will be overwritten!
          https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1725465/UDK...citNormals.jpg

Comment

wohooo, you're awesome momatic

Comment

Working...
            X