Can you import Collada import into UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You can import FBX but you may have issues with older versions, you can go to the Autodesk website to download an FBX update

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so udk cant not import FBX then Oo cause my old version says its importable but gives me a import error when ever i try

im using version 2k9

Leave a comment:

• replied
    only can use .ase and .fbx for importing--.ase for just static meshes, and .fbx for either static meshes or skeletal meshes. FBX I think is based on collada though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Am interested in the reply to this as well. Nice to see I'm not the only Lightwave user out there. Getting some errors when using the newest FBX file converter as well, not importing the full UV map.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Can you import Collada import into UDK

Can you import Collada import into UDK

I was watching a video on youtube on exporting from Lightwave and importing into UDK. In the video the person exports from Lightwave using Collada export, then the person imports the file without issue into UDK. When I try the same thing, I don't get a .dae file type in UDK's import dialog box. Going through the import list of supported file types, the only ones for static mesh are .FBX, .ASE, and .T3D.

Is there something that I haven't installed in UDK to get this functionality? Was that ability removed?

Also what is the best format to use for exporting and importing?
Working...
X