Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skeleton is half the size of mesh when using FBX export.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skeleton is half the size of mesh when using FBX export.

I exported a model in Max2011 with its bones using FBX 2011/2012. When I import this into UDK and look at it using AnimSet Editor, the skeleton is half the size of the mesh. The result animation is deformed because of this.

However, when I use ActorX to export, UDK finds this okay. The skeleton and mesh are same size.

My units is 3ds max's default generic units, which I've read is also UDK's units. I've also tried using .065 ft, but the same FBX problems are present.

How do I fix the FBX problem? I prefer it over ActorX.

Have you been scaling the skeleton? If so that is likely the source of the issue. Bones don't take kindly to scaling.

I have no solution I am afraid.

Comment

I don't remember if I scaled it or not. I think I might have. Well, I reverted back to an earlier file and exported it again with FBX. It seems this time everything is good.

Comment

Yeah the scale of anything imported to UDK has to be 1,1,1 in X,Y, & Z in your 3D package.

If I remember correctly (though it might be different now) if you bring in something scaled without freezing the transforms UDK reverts it back to the original size.

Comment

Working...
        X