Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to import a 3dsmax model along with textures into UDK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    check this channel http://www.youtube.com/user/UnrealDevelopmentKit i might be wrong but i'm sure in the sdvance content creation video they show how to export the mesh + material from max to udk via fbx, not perfect but does the job

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes as the two guys from above pointed there is no way to import the texture with the model in one package, import them individually and then create a new material and set all your maps there and later apply the material to your mesh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes...this is true, materials won't bake on to the model on import to UDK, it all has to be imported manually then applied onto the static mesh or character, or environment mesh, whatever the case. Just make sure that the UV layouts match up on all the textures of that material, then you'll be fine importing it all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, it is not possible. A material and a model are two seperate enteties, and every engine and program treats materials differently, they are not compatible.

You need to import your maps seperately and setup a new material in UDK.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why don't u use fbx exporter built in 3dsmax?

Leave a comment:

• How to import a 3dsmax model along with textures into UDK?

I tried .ASE method but it does import the model. But the textures don't come along with it. Is it possible?
Working...
X