• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem|Fall Through Object's

I have a new problem
    The problem is Sldoga:
    I have persuaded City
    There are groups, for example has a group of several houses and a group of several houses and a group of several houses
    Except for groups of houses, there is also one set of all the roads of the city,
    And the problem is that when I do that the player will start on the road, I start the game and when he falls down on the road, he passes through, it falls financed,
    How can I do that when he starts on the road, he would work on it and not fall financed - will work through it?
    Thanks in advance helpers!.

Sounds like you don't have collision on your objects, you can read a little about creating custom collision here.

If your letting UDK dictate the collision by using the "Used For Instancing" option in the static mesh this could also be the issue. The option tends to get confused depending on how complex the geometry of the mesh is.

Comment

UP !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YakZSmelk View Post
        Sounds like you don't have collision on your objects, you can read a little about creating custom collision here.

If your letting UDK dictate the collision by using the "Used For Instancing" option in the static mesh this could also be the issue. The option tends to get confused depending on how complex the geometry of the mesh is.
        what does "Used for instancing" have to do with collision?

Anyway, you most likely dont have collision for your road mesh, alt you are spawning to close to the ground so you are basiclyt spawning inside the mesh. try moving up the player start

Comment

Hello,

If you double click on the mesh you are talking about int he Content Browser, a new window will pop up. This window is your Mesh Editor. On the mail Tool Menu Bar, you will see a Collision drop down menu. From there pick the collision you want to use, and then save you package the mesh is in. Now, that mesh, even in your scene should have collision, and you should not be able to pass through them.

Also, if you right click on your mesh in the view port, and choose properties. You will find a Check box in there named Can Stand up on. This will also help sometimes if your collision is built but you can still pass through the model.

Comment

Working...
          X