lightmaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lightmaps

I followed this tutorial to create a second UV channel inside 3ds max http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbdOpuKqGaQ&NR=1 however, whenever I change the second UV map(lightmap), the first UV map changes to it's default form when I press the reset UVWs -Like it's showed in the video- and vice-versa
    Any ideas what im doing wrong?

I don't know what's in the video, when you hit Rest UV's it resets back to default for whatever channel you have selected. And if you're editing channel 1, then you change to channel 2, it doesn't keep your changes to channel 1, you have to collapse the UV Unwrap modifier and add a new one, or you can add a second one on top of that one, so the first unwrap modifier would be for channel 1 and the second unwrap modifier would be for channel 2

Comment

Thanks, I figured it out.
      Just add two UVWunwrapps (2nd one is the lightmap)

However, I still dont understand how that guy managed to hit the reset UV's without losing his first UV's... anyways!

Comment

I had trouble with the same thing after watching the same tutorial. In the video he discusses saving a copy of the first UV set, to make sure you don't lose it. When I reset UVW in 3DS 2012 to go and work on the second channel for lightmaps, Max comes up with a window asking me if I want to "Move" or "Abandon". Hitting "Abandon" works for me now - it leaves the first UV channel as is and then I flatten map for the second channel, etc. Then when I collapse the modifier both channels remain intact.

Comment

He won't lose it because he saved his first UV somewhere so he can always come back to it.

At the time when he go to the second UV Channel it asked that the UV editor will be updated and asked if he wanted to keep the OLD uv or not.
          The problem is UV editor can only show 1 Channel at a time but regardless you making new channel it won't effect the other channel unless they are modified.
          So to break it down the First UV is still there but u just can't view it in 3d max but you can view it in UDK.

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
          X