Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GoW Models in 3D Max: Skins (want the lights on the creatures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoW Models in 3D Max: Skins (want the lights on the creatures)

Hey guys. I'm working with the Gears 1 models in 3ds Max. I've been loading them with the diffuse TGA maps. They look nice once rendered, but one thing is missing... the lights. Such as the Corpser, with all the lights on it's face (for lack of better wording).

So, i'm trying to use the Material Editor in Max to add the Emissive texture that i'm seeing in the textures folder. Looks like that would add the lights, but the problem is....

I'm getting mixed up on how to add those 'lights' while keeping the other map. It's also going to do some animations, so must move with the creature.

It's for a video, and i even thought about just rendering the model with lights only then compositing that on top of the original. But i'd much rather just have it all there in Max before rendering.

Any help would be great. I'm pretty new to Max (obviously). Just looking to stack that Emissive texture on to my creature so he's got lights on him.

Follow Up

I think i've narrowed it down to selecting the Emissive map in the Self Illumination slot. When i render, it doesn't show up though. Still working on it and will mark as solved if i get it. Hope someone comes to my rescue!

Comment

That's weird that it doesn't show up when you render. If you turn all the lights off, do you notice it? Perhaps the Self Illumination channel is set to value and not color. Try checking the box in the Self-Illumination group labeled "Color" under the material's Basic Parameters (Blinn Basic Parameters by default).

Comment

Working...
      X