Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hands bone export problem!

Hi,

I have a weapon(ak47) in 3ds max and arms on it. The weapon have some bones for itself and the arms too.

But when i export the whole weapon and arms, then when i import it to UDK, the whole mesh is there(ak47 and arms), but only the weapon bones not the arms bones is exported!

Why??

Have you skinned the bones into the arms?

Comment

Originally posted by ImportedDj View Post
      Have you skinned the bones into the arms?
      Yes i have!

I have also made animations for the hands and weapon!

Comment

Hmmm. This seems interesting, So when you double click your skelemesh in the Content browser to bring up the editor and you tick show bones, Only the gun bones show up? if this is 1 of the reasons, try to Save your model and redo the bones, Leaving the bones out of the gun. if the bones then import. Try adding the bones to the gun

Comment

Are the hands and ak47 the same mesh? Should make sure they are one mesh if you want to use both hands and ak47 as the weapon. Actually there are different approaches for hands and weapon in UDK. Your can use the hands and weapons separately or also can use hands and weapons as the weapon.

If your approach is hands and ak47 as the weapon. Make sure they are 1 mesh and make sure all the bones are bind to the mesh correctly. Okay here is an example. It actually a weapon with hands and that weapon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZf0ALowd1U

If the approach is hands and ak47 separately. The file is actually the same but hand and weapon are separate meshes.You should export them separately. This approach is harder than the above because it needs the match between arms and weapons when you attach the weapon to the arm in UDK.

I recommend the first approach would be easier for you.

Comment

Working...
          X