Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i have some help with these textures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i have some help with these textures?

Hello, i would like some help with these textures:

They are in order, and i want to make a material so that they shuffle between each other, so that it is animated, i've used the panner before, but a panner will not work over multiple files, i do not know how to make this into one texture, each texture was created in order.
    Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Do i just add 30 different "TextureSamples" but what else do i do after that?, use a rotator?.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/FlipbookTextures.html

Comment

Thank you very much, except mine are single textures, and not "flipbooks" i can't seem to merge them into one via UDK, do i have to import them separately? then what would i do?. (i currently have 30 images as flipbook files, but they only have 1 texture.

Comment

You need to set them up as a flipbook texture as in the guide, or you can make it into a Bink video. I'd just make a flipbook texture. You can't use separate images as a flipbook.

Comment

Thank you once again, but this will be the last question, honest
          As you can see below the original images were translucent, but as a preview looked like they did on the right of the picture, but now they are not, and i get the blue border, apparently making an alpha channel doesn't matter as i still get the blue borders when applying it.

Comment

I don't know why you would get a blue border, alpha channel should work just fine

Comment

as you can see this is my alpha and normal layers, but when they are on the object, this happens.

Comment

How have you setup the material's opacity?

Comment

I haven't, i'm just getting to grips with UDK, majority of the stuff i have done my self, this is the one thing that has got me though :/ in the material editor it's opaque, i've set it to translucent before also, but i still get the blue border.

Comment

OK, well to use the alpha, you would make a new material, and bring in your texture, then plug the diffuse in the diffuse slot, and the alpha in the opacity slot, then set your material type to translucent.

Also, depending on what effect you're going for, like if it's energy, you might use an unlit texture in which case you would maybe multiply the diffuse map by the alpha and then plug that result into the Emissive slot--that would be for something that you don't want shadows, something like energy or a holographic display.

Comment

yeah that's it exactly, thanks.

Comment

you might also try using additive blending

Comment

Working...
                        X