How to open .upk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to open .upk

Hello, i'm new to UDK and now reading different tutorials, but some tutorials have files with extension .upk, which contains needed assets (for example Jazz Jackrabbit tutorial http://www.udk.com/showcase-jazzy).

I searched FAQ and did not find references to that.
    How do i open these files?

Thank you!

Go to the content browser in UDK and click open, then browse tou your .upk file.

.upk is the extension of the content package of unreal. so when you open them with the content browser there is new content that you can use.

Comment

This did work, thank you very much.

Before I was always clicking on "Import" button and there i could not open it.

Comment

OK Is there a way to keep them in your library(Content broser?)
        Or must you keep the packages

Comment

Originally posted by tippy1000 View Post
          OK Is there a way to keep them in your library(Content broser?)
          Or must you keep the packages
          If I remember correctly, you can copy objects from other libraries, and you will get the import dialogue again, then you just need to rename them and point them to your own libraries.

See what options you get when right-clicking on content in a library.

Comment

this option is called move or rename, or the opposite, you can change the package in what your objects are in, so after that you will be able to delete the other package and have all your content in one package.

Comment

I think what he means is keep them in the content browser so he doesn't have to load them each time he opens udk, place them here, the upk files.

C:\UDK\UDK-2011-06\UDKGame\Content

Comment

i just do that and open a .Upk file but after a minute it says that some files missing but i downloaded it correctly what should i do?
                the error:
                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                  X