Normal map blending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normal map blending

hey just quick question is it possible to make a slider bar, to go between two normals, and it blends them together. like i was thinking of a normal map of my character with no wrinkles then with. just to add a layer of customization

What do you mean? Like for custom characters? I would imagine that can be possible, if you introduce a variable into your material that is tied to a slider that you set.

For something like automatic blending based on animations (like if you want wrinkles to show when a character squints) that would probably be possible, but complicated I think since there's no default setup for that.

Comment

na i am not going for something like errrr killzone yea na just at the begging when creation a character

Comment

Yeah, you'd just have to introduce a variable into the material for the face that can modify the blending between the two normal maps and the be able to store that value and call it up again throughout the game as the character is loaded. (don't know how to do that though)

Comment

Working...
        X